The performance of smartphones, especially the smartphones sporting Android OS, degrades after a certain period. One of the main reasons for this decrease in performance is the way you use your device. Besides, too many installed or unrecognized apps, or a phone full of cache can lead to slow performance on your device. But you do not have to worry anymore, because we brought some tips to help you speed up the performance of your Xiaomi phone and to fix all the issues.
It is worth mentioning that in general, the smartphone starts running slow in case your phone has too many unused apps or heavy files. You should repeat the tips that we will suggest every few weeks to avoid facing any issues in the future.
1. Keep your phone updated
The new updates are mainly for fixing the bugs and for providing better performance. These updates can fix the bugs that cause your phone to run slow. Moreover, updates will also bring many new features.
The steps to check for software updates on your Xiaomi smartphone running on MIUI:
- Open Settings – > About Phone – > System Updates (at the bottom)
- Now click on “Check for Updates”
- If it shows “No updates available”, it indicates that the MIUI is up to date.
- If it shows you an available software update with the MIUI version and the file size, you can click “Download update” to download the software update and install it.
2. Clear the cache
What is cached data? At first, let’s understand the meaning of cached data then learn the steps to clear them.
- Cached data are files, images, and scripts automatically stored on your computer or mobile device.
- Caching helps speed up your internet browsing or app usage.
- Clearing cached data can free up valuable space on your device.
So, cached data are temporary files, images, and scripts that are stored on your device every time you open any app or visit websites for the first time. And as a result, after months of using the phone, your phone’s cache increases and fulfills the phone’s storage.
To clean the cached data on your Xiaomi phone, just follow the steps below
Method 1: Using built-in settings
- Navigate to Settings -> Storage -> Cached Data
- Click on “Clear Cache” to remove the junk files
Note: This Guide only works till MIUI 11, and starting with MIUI 12 this option has been removed.
Method 2: Using Security App
- Search for Security App on MIUI
- Inside the app there is a feature known as “Cleaner”, select this option and a cleaning process will begin by selecting “Clean Up“. This will remove all the cache files and junk files from the device.
3. Regularly restart your Xiaomi phone
Restarting your phone is the simplest thing to do. It is the most effective and fastest method to help your device refresh the operation.
When you restart the Xiaomi phone, it automatically clears the cache, prevents and closes unnecessary tasks running in the background, and keeps everything in the phone running smoothly.
To restart your phone, just hold the power button for 3 seconds, then select the Reboot option, after that press OK.
Also, see: How To Change The Default Browser On Xiaomi MIUI?
4. Reset phone to default
This is probably the last method that we can suggest you try when, unfortunately, your Xiaomi phone is experiencing so many irreparable errors. Resetting to factory settings will bring the phone back to the factory default state, although this will cause all data on your phone to be erased. The remaining software errors in the machine have affected the previous performance. So, if you make up your mind to do so, just please be sure to make a backup of personal data before performing it.
Do you know any ways to speed up Xiaomi phones? Share it in the comment bar!