Xiaomi is known for its competitive smartphones at aggressive pricing. The Chinese smartphone maker is now expanding its products range by introducing flagship killer smartphones. Moreover, they have even diversified the portfolio by launching sub-brands like Poco and Redmi. Xiaomi has become a major Android smartphone manufacturer with availability across Asia, Europe, and North America. Xiaomi’s support over its community and third-party forums has multiplied over time. In addition, the company has even developed dedicated software for unlocking bootloader or getting root access. The users can download the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool from the link below to flash the stock firmware.
Xiaomi’s policy of providing diversified smartphones based on the user’s needs across different countries is working like a charm. Moreover the company has managed to improve smartphone sales across various countries. The Chinese company is vying ahead of the primary smartphone manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, etc.
A successful manufacturer always tends to provide support for the smartphones along with providing hardware at affordable prices. Xiaomi also stands along with this saying and provide regular software upgrades and security patches for the smartphones. They also provide dedicated tools for users who want to root or unlock the smartphone bootloader.
What is Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool?
Xiaomi Flash Tool is software that helps the users to flash the stock firmware. This nifty tool installs MIUI firmware on Xiaomi smartphones or tablets is available freely. It comes to aid when a user hard or soft brick his/her device by either installing third-party MODs or custom ROMs. So, there can be various other reasons behind such device status.
Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool carries all the important scripts to flash your smartphone. It simplifies the process of flashing the stock ROM by verifying any files for the security anomalies. It even enhances the Anti Roll Back Protection, error logging, driver installation, and device detection.
- Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool is compatible with Windows 7/8/10 PC only.
- The tool will only work for Xiaomi devices.
- It is compatible with only Qualcomm Devices.
- It misses the ability to flash OTA files.
- Download the latest version of the Mi Flash Tool.
Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool Features
All in One Tool: The Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool is all in one tool and consists of ADB Tool, Mi Tool, and all necessary drivers. It’s just a full package if you want to tweak your phone.
In-Built USB Driver: The Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool by default packs USB drivers for Microsoft RNDIS, MTP, Qualcomm, USB Serial and Google ADB drivers. You will not have the hassle to install USB drivers.
Different Flashing Options: Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool offers three flashing tools – “Flash All Except Data & Storage”, “Flash All Except Storage” and “Flash All”.
How to use Mi Flash Tool?
Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool is simple to use the tool, it can easily and rapidly perform the assigned job. Follow the steps below to use Mi Flash Tool.
- Above all you must open Mi Flash Tool, and then select from three different modes in the right down corner.
- After that click ‘Select’ and browse the file and click flash.
- Then let it flash and boot the system.
- That’s it.
In short, you have successfully downloaded and installed Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool.
- App Manager – Uninstall/reinstall/disable/enable system apps and services on demand
- Camera2 – Enable Camera2 and EIS (TWRP required)
- File Explorer – Transfer files between a device and a computer using ADB
- Screen density – Tweak screen density by overriding the DPI value
- Screen resolution – Tweak screen resolution by overriding the width and height values
- Device properties – Retrieve tons of statistics and information about your device
- Flasher – Flash any partition with an image, boot to any image or flash a Fastboot ROM (unlocked bootloader required)
- Wiper – Wipe the cache or perform a factory reset
- OEM Unlocker & Locker – Lock or unlock the bootloader (Unlocking is only supported by Android One devices)
- ROM Downloader – Get links to the latest MIUI Fastboot ROMs or download them right away
- Rebooter – Advanced rebooting options using ADB/Fastboot
Connecting a device in ADB mode
- Go to Settings > About device and tap ‘MIUI version’ seven times to enable developer options.
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options and enable USB debugging.
Note: In order to use the Screen density and Screen resolution modules, enable USB debugging (Security settings) as well.
- Connect your device to the computer and launch the application. The device is going to ask for authorization, which you’ll have to allow.
- Wait for the application to detect your device. The device info should appear in the top left section.
Connecting a device in Fastboot mode
- Put your device into Fastboot mode by holding power and volume down simultaneously until the Fastboot splash screen comes up.
If your device is loaded in ADB mode, you can enter Fastboot mode by clicking Menu > Reboot device to Fastboot.
- After that connect your device to the computer and launch the application.
- Then wait for the application to detect your device. The device info should appear in the top left section.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
The application doesn’t work. Is there anything you should have installed?
Yes, the Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools was developed in Kotlin for the Java Virtual Machine so it needs the JRE to run, version 11 or later.
You can install Oracle Java from here or OpenJDK from here.
Install Oracle Java from here.
Install Oracle Java from here or OpenJDK from your preferred package manager (openjdk-11-jre).
What apps are safe to uninstall?
All applications in the list are safe to uninstall. You might lose access to some services but the device will keep working just fine. Some other apps, like Gallery or Security, aren’t listed because uninstalling them would soft brick your device.
What’s the difference between uninstalling and disabling?
The OS sees which apps have been disabled and it can re-enable them whenever it pleases but it cannot do the same with uninstalled apps. In addition, the apps you disable may come back anytime and you can also re-enable them in the Settings, while uninstalled apps will only return if you reinstall them (using ADB or an APK) or factory reset the device. So, there’s no difference when it comes to their impact on the system, however, functionality or performance wise. So we recommend uninstalling apps which you believe pose a security/privacy risk and disabling everything else.
The app is called Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools. Does that mean that it only works with Xiaomi devices?
As for the ADB and Fastboot, they are universal interfaces on Android but some of the algorithms and methods of the app are specific to Xiaomi devices, so mostly yes.
Does this replace MiFlash or MiUnlock?
No. Fastboot ROM flashing is available so MiFlash can mostly be replaced but implementing EDL flashing or bootloader unlocking on MIUI would only make the program unnecessarily complex.
What is XiaoMiTool V2
XiaoMiTool V2 (XMT2) is a unofficial tool for your personal computer that you can use to manage your Xiaomi smartphone rom and software and do some modding easily. Moreover, the latter it’s the follow-up of XiaoMiTool, with improved stability, more features and better graphics. XiaoMiTool V2 will take care of most of the operations you would need to do, from when you connect the device to your pc until the desired rom or piece of software is installed. It can download the latest official roms, twrp, root with magisk and decide which is the best way to install it on your device . In addition the tool is the all-in-one tool to make modding easy for everyone with a Xiaomi smartphone.
Why XiaoMiTool V2 exists
Xiaomi devices awesome in hardware quality/price ratio, but when it comes to software anyone should be able to customize his own device and get the best experience out of it. Furthermore XiaoMiTool was born from the need of users, even those with more difficulties in computers and technology, to achieve the same device experience that only more nerdy, expert people were able to get. XiaoMiToolV2 was designed to take this service to a next level, with better graphical interface, better portability, more stability and more upgradability. Moreover it was developed thanks to user donations. So ,we appreciated the generosity of people that recognized my work and decided to give me some money.
How to Use It
Just download and it install it on your PC first.
Then launch it and follow the instructions that will be prompted to you.
In addition this tool is designed to be guided itself, with no need of boring guides to follow. So if it needs you to do something, you will be prompted to do that.
In short , the basic flow process is: launch XiaoMiTool V2, connect your device to your PC using the cable, enable USB debug, choose the rom you want to install when asked, wait, done.
How much XiaoMiTool V2 costs?
It’s free. It don’t require you to pay anything .
Is XiaoMiTool V2 safe to use?
Probably it’s hard to guarantee “100% safeness” with this kind of operations. However it designed to be the most safe .
Which devices are supported?
It really works best with MIUI devices (smartphones, tablets, Xiaomi, Pocophone, Redmi). Some functionalities might be compatible with other Xiaomi devices (Android one ones for example, or Blackshark). Some might work even with other brand devices, but this tool is not designed to do that, so please use it with Xiaomi devices. That means ,for example, no smartwatches, TVs or any other type of device are supported.
Which platforms are supported by this tool?
XiaoMiTool V2 can run on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.