Not only the Chinese smartphone brands are entering the TV market but also the US-based companies do. Recently, we saw how Huawei (Honor) and OnePlus issued statements about their intentions in the TV niche. But a few days ago, we also learned that Motorola is going to release its own TV models soon. Today, mspoweruser reported that this company has officially entered the niche of smart TV. The newly-announced series of Motorola Smart TV covers 32-65 inches, and starts at about 13999 rupees ($198).
According to official news, Motorola launched a smart TV series in India today. Motorola does not compete with high-end TV manufacturers such as Samsung, LG and Sony. Instead, it focuses on the low-end market. The TV sizes offered by Motorola are as follows:
- Motorola 32-inch HD LED Smart Android TV (32SAFHDM)
- Motorola 43-inch full HD LED Smart Android TV (43SAFHDM)
- Motorola 43-inch Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV (43SAUHDM)
- Motorola 50-inch Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV (50SAUHDM)
- Motorola 55-inch Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV (55SAUHDM)
- Motorola 65-inch Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV (65SAUHDM)
All of these Motorola smart TV products are powered by Android 9.0, and support Google Assistant and Chromecast. Other highlights include support for Dolby Vision, support for HDR 10, front 30W speakers and new Memc technology to increase refresh rates.
Motorola TV series is priced at 13999 rupees, while the top version comes at 64,999 rupees ($904).