Huawei recently at the press conference debut its new chipset – Huawei Kirin 990 / Kirin 990 5G for Indian market. It will be pre-install in the upcoming Huawei Mate 30 / Pro smartphone on.
“As one of Huawei’s main markets, customer-centric innovation is at the heart of everything we do in India,” said Tornado Pan, Consumer Business Unit Manager. “We always believe in every experience by constantly focusing on innovation. Better, bring the best experience to consumers.”
“Kirin 990 is the pinnacle of today’s smartphone technology and will enable consumers to enter the new era of 5G. We are please to announce that this chipset will revolutionize the way people use their smartphones,” he added.
Huawei has announce that the Mate 30/Pro mobile phone will be equip with the Kirin 990 series chip for the first time, suitable for both 4G and 5G models. The Indian market is expects to release the new Huawei Mate 30 series equipped with the Kirin 990.
However, at present, Indian telecom operators have not yet begun to try 5G. For Indian users, the running scene of 5G mobile phones is still unimaginable.
According to reports, Kirin 990 5G is the world’s first flagship 5G SoC chip launch by Huawei. It is the smallest 5G mobile phone chip solution in the industry. And has smaller area and lower power consumption. It can be the first to support NSA/SA dual architecture and TDD/FDD. The frequency band is the industry’s first full Netcom 5G SoC. Fully coping with the hardware requirements of mobile phone chips under different networks and different networking modes. It is the industry’s first full Netcom 5G SoC.
Based on Barron 5000’s superior 5G connectivity. The Kirin 990 5G achieves a leading 2.3Gbps peak download rate in the Sub-6GHz band with an upstream peak rate of 1.25Gbps. Bringing the industry’s best 5G experience. At the same time, the Kirin 990 5G is the first flagship SoC to use the DaVinci architecture NPU. In terms of games and photography, the Kirin 990 5G also brings a new experience to users.
The Kirin 990 5G board level has reduce by a maximum of 36%, and the number of transistors has exceeded 10.3 billion. Kirin 990 5G can achieve NR downlink rate of 2.3Gbps, NR uplink rate of 1.25Gbps, and support dual-card 5G experience.
The Kirin 990, which was unveil with the Kirin 990 5G, also achieve heavy upgrades in performance, energy efficiency, AI and camera. Providing a better experience for the wider 4G mobile phone users at this stage.
The Kirin 990 series is divides into two models, the Kirin 990 5G with integrated 5G baseband and the Kirin 990 without integrated 5G baseband. In terms of specifications, the Kirin 990 process upgrade to 7nm+ EUV, and the scale has been improved.
- Specifically, the Kirin 990 5G integrated CPU part uses two 2.86GHz A76 architecture cores. Two 2.36GHz A76 architecture cores and four 1.95GHz A55 architecture cores. Large nuclear energy efficiency can be increase by 12%, medium nuclear energy efficiency by 35%, and small nuclear energy efficiency by 15%.
- The Kirin 990’s large core frequency is 2.86GHz. The core frequency is reduced to 2.09GHz, and the small core frequency is reduced to 1.86GHz.
- The GPU has been upgraded to the Mali-G76 MP16, which has six cores compared to the Kirin 980. The frequency has not yet been announced. Graphics performance increased by 6% and energy efficiency increased by 20%.
- In terms of other specifications, the ISP upgraded to Kirin ISP 5.0, supporting LPDDR4X memory and UFS 2.1/3.0 flash.
- In the NPU section, the Kirin 990 5G version integrates two large cores and one small core. While the Kirin 990 is a large core and a small core. The Kirin 990 5G adopts the NFC of the first DaVinci architecture. Adopting a large core + micro core architecture to achieve 24 times improvement in AI energy efficiency.
- In terms of baseband, the Kirin 990 5G supports 2/3/4/5G networks and supports NSA/SA dual mode. Kirin 990 supports 2/3/4G networks.
In terms of AI performance, AI performance has increased 12 times in two years. Yu Chengdong said that the Kirin 990 5G not only provides the best AI performance. But also provides the best energy efficiency. Both heavy and light loads provide better energy consumption. The Kirin 990 5G chip supports more than 300 operators and supports 90% of visual computing neural networks.
Also Read: Vivo TWS Bluetooth Headset Officialy Released : wonderful music, open and enjoy