Today, OPPO officially stated that as of now, OPPO ColorOS has more than 370 million monthly active users worldwide. And on Thanksgiving, they should thank users for “comprising all its life so far.”
We understand that public information shows that ColorOS is an Android-based deep customization system launched by OPPO. The first public beta version appeared in April 2013. It is available now in 72 languages including English, Thai, and Indonesian. On the other hand, users are from more than 140 countries and regions around the world.
At the same time, ColorOS officially announced its important development process:
- In April 2013, ColorOS released the first version of Color ROM on the internal testing forum.
- In May 2013, the official ColorOS Weibo was launched.
- Then in March 2014, ColorOS 2.0 officially began public testing.
- In March 2015, the cumulative number of ColorOS users exceeded 30 million.
- In March 2016, the ColorOS 3.0 system was released.
- Then in March 2018, ColorOS 5.0 was officially released overseas.
- In December 2018, the intelligent assistant Breeno was released.
- In March 2019, ColorOS 6 was released.
- This year, ColorOS 11 was released
Recently, the company also surprised everyone by jumping from ColorOS 7 to ColorOS 11. It is based on Android 11. Furthermore, the company says that the new branding will help customers easily identify the version of Android its phones are running.
Read also: OPPO Officially Announced Full-Link Color Management System
Moreover, the upgrades plan for ColorOS 11 is the largest adaptation plan in the history of ColorOS. Officially, eight models got the update in September 2020. They include
- Oppo Find X2
- Oppo Find X2 Pro
- Oppo-Find X2 Pro Lamborghini Edition
- Oppo Ace2
- Oppo Ace2 EVA Limited Edition
- Oppo-Reno4 Pro 5G
- Oppo Reno4 Pro 5G 2020 Summer Custom Edition
- Oppo-Reno4 Pro 5G Artist Limited Edition
Last year, Oppo brought ColorOS 7 to 29 models in total. Now, there are also four additional smartphones to take the number to 33. When it comes to system updates, Oppo is doing quite well.