The South Korean tech giant announced the release date of the Samsung Galaxy Fold smartphone with a modified design. Compared to the previous version, the new Galaxy Fold comes with a large number of adjustments in the middle of the hinge part. You can take a look at the photos below to provide by AllAboutSamsung. This set of comparison charts shows the changes made by Samsung in its first folding smartphone.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy Fold Produced In India
The improvements announced by Samsung are as follows:
- The top layer of the Infinity Flex Display has been extended to the border, which means it will be an integral part of the display structure;
- The Samsung Galaxy Fold provides additional enhancements to better protect the device from external particles (such as ash) while maintaining a good folding experience;
- The top and bottom of the hinge area are reinforced with a newly added protective cap;
- Additional metal layers have been placed under the Infinity Flex Display to increase the protection of the display;
- The space between the hinge and the main body of the Samsung Galaxy Fold is further reduced.
From the comparison picture, we can see the connection part of the Samsung Galaxy Fold is more rounded. And the internal structural changes are not visible for the time being. But the parts in the middle of the screen are filled with parts to ensure that dust or other stains enter the inside of the hinge.
The launch date of the Samsung Galaxy Fold has been delayed for a few times. But now it’s reported our protagonist will start hitting the market in September. Still, no specific date has been set, but it will come in two months for sure.